- Terms and conditions of the grants
A minimum of 2 grants will be awarded covering the cost of the trip to Madrid in Economy Class (one round trip from the participant’s place of residence within Europe) and two hotel nights (22nd and 23rd November 2018) in shared rooms.
Allocation and transport will be directly provided by CNIC.
CNIC reserves the opportunity of increasing the number of travel grants according to budgetary conditions.
- Requirements for applicants
To be eligible, applicants must, at the time of the deadline for submission of their travel fellowship application, fulfil the following requirements:
- Applicants must be registered in the CNIC PhDay 2018 and must have submitted an abstract (in English)
- Applicants must belong to a university or research group located outside Madrid Region and within Europe. A proof of status will be required
- Applicants must be under the age of 30. Passport or ID-card will be required for its verification
- Applicants must submit a letter of motivation explaining why they should be benefit of this travel fellowship and how CNIC PhDay will impact in their careers (maximum 1 page length)
- Applicants must submit a CV
- Formalization of applications
The deadline for receiving the application form and the attached documents is October 29th, 2018. Applications received later than this date will be not considered.
Applications must be sent to email@example.com including:
- Registration details (Name & Affiliation)
- A copy of the submitted abstract
- A proof of status proving its belonging to a research group/University outside Madrid region (e. copy of current BsD, MsD, PhD registration)
- A copy of Passport or ID-card demonstrating the applicant is under 30 at the time of application
- A letter of motivation (maximum 1 page length)
- An up-to-date CV
- Additionally, in order to be accordingly scored, applicants must declare their willingness of participation in the Special Poster Session at the time of registration.
- Selection of candidates and decision
Applications which do not fulfil all requirements will be excluded from the evaluation.
Applications will be evaluated by the CNIC PhDay 2018 Organizing Committee and the selection of candidates will be performed according to a scoring system:
- Abstract content and adjustment to PhDay spirit (up to 3 points)
- Letter of motivation (up to 3 points)
- Willingness of participation in the Special Poster Session (2 extra points)
In case of tie between applicants, CV will be evaluated and its score will decide the travel fellowship awarding (up to 5 extra points).
Resolution of this call will be published during the first week of November 2018. Grant beneficiaries must express their acceptance within 3 working days after communication of the decision; otherwise, a new beneficiary will be called according to the ranked list.